PGDM in Business Analytics is a 2-year postgraduate diploma that enables students to collect, analyse, and arrange data using technology to help drive business decisions and gain insights into the business. Business analytics is expected to grow by leaps and bounds in the coming years. Thus, you can look forward to a dynamic and fulfilling career with a PGDM in Business Analytics in India.
We have all the information you need if you are also interested in pursuing PGDM in Business Analytics. In this article, you will learn more about business analytics, the PGDM subjects, and the job you can take up after completing your diploma.
PGDM in Business Analytics: Course Overview
Here is the course overview for PGDM in Business Analytics:
|Level of the PG Course||PG Diploma|
|Duration||1 to 2 years|
|Eligibility for the course||Graduation in any of the disciplines|
|Process of Getting Admission||Merit-Based & Entrance Exam|
|Fee for the PGDM Course (Approx.)||₹2,00,000 to ₹20,00,000|
|Avg. Salary||₹20,00,000 to ₹25,00,000|
|Top Recruiters in India||IBM, JSW Steel, Wipro, HCL, Amazon|
|Jobs||Data Scientist, Market Research Analyst, Quantitative Analyst|
PGDM in Business Analytics in India: Eligibility
The PGDM in Business Analytics in India eligibility might differ depending on the college or university. However, some of the common PGDM in business analytics eligibility criteria include
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline from one of the recognised colleges or universities in India.
- Anyone who is still in their final year of college or university can apply for the entrance exams.
- A certain score in the entrance exams of the university or college.
- Along with academics, your internships, as well as work experience, can help you secure admission.
Why Study Business Analytics PGDM in India?
Today, technology has made its way into almost all sectors. In the business sector, information has to be collected, sorted, analysed, and arranged with technology. This is covered under the PGDM in Business Analytics course. A degree in business analytics is rewarding and has some brilliant career prospects.
Here are the reasons to study PGDM in business analytics in India:
- PGDM in Business Analytics is needed in various industries and sectors. From top MNCs to the entertainment industry, you will find employment everywhere. Also, it is relatively easy to switch between sectors and industries with this diploma. Thus, adaptability improves career prospects.
- The diploma offers a wide range of career options. It also enhances the personality of the person and enables career growth. Thus, you will keep developing and learning new skills throughout your career.
- Some of the most reputed companies in the world need PGDM in Business Analytics graduates. They offer good packages to new candidates and recognition is also given to employees working in the company.
- Candidates with a PGDM in Business Analytics can find employment in the government and private sectors. The jobs mostly pay well, and the package increases with experience.
PGDM in Business Analytics in India Subjects
The PGDM subjects might differ from one place of study to another. But there are some common PGDM subjects that you will study. Here is the list of the PGDM in Business Analytics in India subjects:
|Module 1||Module 2|
|Human Resource Management||Managerial Economics|
|Economics and Social Environment||Management Functions & OB|
|Business Statistics||Introduction to IT Systems|
|Research Methodology||Marketing Management|
|Financial Accounting||Operations Management|
|Business Communication||Financial Management|
|Module 3||Module 4|
|Business Law||Data Analytics Using R|
|Introduction to Big Data||Data Analytics Using SAS|
|Entrepreneurial Management||International Business|
|Enterprise Systems||Applied Statistics|
|Advanced Analytics using R||Study Development|
|Management Accounting||Corporate Governance|
|Case Business Simulation||Project Work|
PGDM in Business Analytics in India – Admission Process
The admission to PGDM in Business Analytics in India might be different from one place of study to another. The common admission process is mentioned below:
- The candidates are selected based on their scores in the entrance examination. The candidates with the required score go to the next round of admission.
- In most institutions, candidates must appear for a group discussion or an interview round to get admission.
- Once all the rounds are cleared, admission is granted.
Entrance Exams for PGDM Business Analytics Course in India
The top entrance exams for PGDM in Business Analytics are
- XLRI XAT
PGDM in Business Analytics – Colleges
If you are looking for the best PGDM in Business Analytics colleges in India, here is the list:
|Name of the College||Annual Fees(Avg.)|
|Welingkar Institute of Management||₹1,10,000|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies||₹8,50,000|
|Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management||₹5,84,000|
|IFIM Business School||₹8,00,000|
|Indus Business Academy||₹4,31,000|
|ITM Business School||₹4,95,000|
|Jagannath International Management School||₹3,60,000|
|Gitam School Of International Business||₹3,00,000|
Job Profiles After PGDM in Business Analytics
Here are the top job profiles that you can opt for after you complete your PGDM in Business Analytics:
|Job Role||Annual Salary (Avg.)|
|Quantitative Analyst||₹13 LPA|
|Market Research Analyst||₹8 LPA|
|Data Scientist||₹7 LPA|
|Healthcare Analyst||₹6.5 LPA|
|Computer System Analyst||₹6 LPA|
Top Recruiters After PGDM in Business Analytics
The top recruiters after completion of your Business Analytics PGDM in India are:
PGDM in Business Analytics can reward you with a great career and a handsome salary. You can also opt to pursue a higher degree after completing your PGDM. So many avenues are open for you, and you can choose the right one for your career. If you are contemplating admission to PGDM in Business Analytics in India and are confused about the diploma and its prospects, you can get in touch with Sunstone.
Sunstone is one of the leading higher education providers in the country, and they offer industry-oriented courses along with soft skill enhancement training, personal development courses, and internships to enable you to get the job of your dreams.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is PGDM Business Analytics better than MBA Business Analytics?
The major difference between a PGDM in Business Analytics and an MBA in Business Analytics is that a PGDM is a diploma course, whereas an MBA is a degree course. Both are equally good for your career. Depending on your goals, you can choose either one of them.
- What are the top colleges in India to do PGDM Business Analytics?
The top colleges to pursue PGDM in Business Analytics are IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, IIT Kharagpur, etc.
- How much money can I make after a PGDM in Business Analytics?
The salary that you can earn after PGDM in Business Analytics differs according to the job role and the company. The average salary after PGDM in Business Analytics in India ranges from ₹5 lakhs to ₹12 lakhs per year.